7 Super DIY Lace Projects
It’s amazing to think that lace has been used in fashion and as an accessory for over 500 years. What is incredible is that whenever you see it today, it looks like it is a new idea. Perhaps that is because there are so many bright designers and creative thinkers out there who keep coming up with clever uses for lace. Before, lace used to either be for doilies or the trim on dresses, but not anymore. Lace is now not even confined to the role of a clothing accessory. Here at Stylish Eve we have assembled more than half a dozen of our favourite examples of a clever use for lace, and we hope these ideas will provide you with some personal inspiration.
1. First we have the delicate, but oh-so-effective black lace votives from Cfabbridesigns to add a touch of class to a plain glass tealight holder.
2. We love the ombre lace jewelry from Glamour and Grace Blog and we are amazed how simple, yet effective lace earrings can be. Dipped in dye for an added effect, these are a great home DIY project too.
3. It’s not that handbags are dull, far from it. But what a transformation to the style when a lace panel purse from Studs and Pearls is on show. How cool and fashionable is this idea – we reckon this could really catch on?
4. Lace bracelets have been around for much longer than friendship bands, and don’t they look fabulous? We think these three examples from Brit + Co. do for sure. We love how easy lace is to dye, so you can have these bracelets in any color you set your heart on.
5. Now this is clever. Have you got a pair of shorts that are perhaps past their best and ready for the jumble? Wait and see what you can do to easily transform an old (or new) pair of shorts, as shown to you by Sincerely, Kinsey.
6. Who would have thought lace could transform a pair of simple flats? This is one of these dream projects where something so simple can be so effective. Here Dream a Little Bigger shows you just how simple it is to ‘lace up’ your shoes!
7. It’s not often I see something and think “that is just so clever and really pretty,”, but that is exactly what happened here. How effective the simplicity of a white lace bracelet is to enable the true beauty of the natural elements to steal the show. Don’t you just adore the tiny extra details from the pearls and diamonds? This is a wonderful design for a watchstrap and watch from Dream a Little Bigger